Executive/Supervising Editor (Visuals), Digital News
As the Executive/Supervising Editor of the Visuals team at Digital Desk, you will help drive, shape and set the tone for the video, photo and graphic output for all of Channel NewsAsia’s digital platforms, as well as take charge of media management for the desk.
You will be an editorial leader, who will work with, and drive the newsroom’s growing expectations for all visual output. You will be at the forefront of technology and trends in digital online and social media video. You will build and manage a team of graphics, infographics, animation experts and video/photo journalists to bring Channel NewsAsia’s digital output to the next level. You will also be expected to work closely with all other teams in the digital news and features newsroom, and ensure that video/photo output shares the same strong editorial vision across all departments.
You will be required to set up a system that ensures all digital media assets can be easily archived and tapped on by the digital team all other newsrooms in Mediacorp.
You will also need to ensure that the Digital Desk is on the forefront of camera and production equipment use for fast and smooth delivery of rich images, be it live or otherwise.
- A degree in a relevant field
- Strong editorial experience in leading and working across cutting-edge, multi-platform newsrooms
- At least 12 years' video production, editing and media management experience, especially in a digital and social media environment
- Strong knowledge of post-production software such as Adobe Premiere and Audition
- Firm knowledge of camera and sound equipment and live delivery systems
- Be able to direct infographic and animated interpretations of stories
- Ability to integrate graphic and video systems
- Understanding of the social media audience
- Past experience of setting up a server system is a bonus