Senior/ Producer, Tamil News & Current Affairs
- You will be responsible for the research, preparation, production and delivery of episodes for the weekly Ethiroli current affairs programme.
- This will include arranging interviews, filming, editing as well as related work such as trailers and promos.
- You need to work closely with the presenter for your episode, especially in scripting and filming
- You will also work with the digital desk to maximise the reach of Ethiroli through our digital and social media platforms.
- Connections with key personalities and influencers within the Indian/Tamil-speaking community as well as grassroots level are valuable assets for this position
- You must be able to write in an engaging way to ensure your episode appeals to your audience
- In addition to Ethiroli episodes you may also be asked to work on other programmes produced by the Current Affairs team and the News team.
- You will also be asked to work on promotional/marketing as well as ground events pertaining to the programme.
- You may also be involved in projects and duties assigned by the Editor or Deputy Chief Editor
- You need to be a team player as your role requires close coordination with your fellow producers, assistant producer as well as the production team.
- Basic multi-media shooting and video editing skills are useful
- Degree either in Journalism, Mass Communication, Media Studies or Arts & Social Sciences.
- You must have a strong in interest in Singapore news and current affairs and local issues as well as general current affairs.
- Familiarity with social media platforms used for news-gathering and community relations.
- Interest/ knowledge in mobile reporting and its technologies.
- At least 1 year experience in journalism or media related fields.
Thank you for your interest and application to this role. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.