Digital Editor, Tamil News & Current Affairs
We are looking for someone to oversee and provide guidance to the daily operations of the digital newsroom, from conceptualizing stories for the online space to ensuring that quality of journalism (both text and video) adhere to the highest standards.
- Keep track of developing news stories on the online and social media space
- Keep track of data analytics in ensuring that the right stories and treatment of the stories works best in the online and social media space
- Assign digital stories based on the balance of demands from social media data and editorial judgement
- Edit digital stories written by the team and maintaining the highest standards of written language
- Coordinate and enforce deadlines of assignments
- Provide leadership within the digital newsroom, and serve as a focal point for coordination with the TV and radio teams
- Adhere to the policies and rules set by regulators; complying with editorial guidelines
- Keep updated on news and current affairs and other assigned segments by monitoring the market and viewers’ feedback
- Monitor and evaluate the activities of other newsrooms and give recommendations for improvement to the Supervising Editor
- Degree either in Journalism, Mass Communication, Media Studies or Arts & Social Sciences
- Good command of Tamil language — both written and spoken
- A strong in interest in news and current affairs as well as local Indian/Tamil issues.
- Familiarity with social media platforms as a tool for news gathering as well an interest/knowledge in mobile reporting and its technologies
- At least 7 years of editorial experience
Thank you for your interest and application to this role. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.