Video Solutions Engineer (Digital)
DescriptionWe are looking for a Video Solutions Engineer to drive technical solution for the next generation online video service. You will work closely with product development, systems engineering, video workflow and network engineering teams to ensure the best possible online video experience.
You must have a very good grasp and practical experience of the end-to-end video delivery technologies, adaptive bitrate streaming and content protection. You are expected to have a keen interest in and closely follow new developments and trends in this space. You shall be the resident subject matter expert for online video streaming, video delivery, online video platform and have work on major projects in the related field.
- Optimise and maintain online video streaming workflow, both for Live and On Demand
- Optimise video streaming profile for different device and platform
- Debug potential video streaming issues across different platforms and protocols
- Write automation scripts to monitor, debug and efficiently operate the video streaming infrastructure
- Perform capacity planning, video resource allocation and preparation for scheduled as well as ad-hoc live events
- Technical liaison with key vendors in the video streaming space.
- Work across different teams within the organization on integration points and integration efforts.
- Gather product requirements from business units and translate them to engineering deliveries
- Evaluate, prototype solution designs and perform POC to satisfy these business requirements
- Prepare functional specifications that can be understood by business units and development teams
- Prepare cost estimates for product and solutions
- Plan resources for key deliveries
- Drive operation process and efficiency within and across the organization.
- Manage development teams, either, in-house or offshore environment.
- Conduct presentations or training session for related technologies.
- Defer and measure key performance metrics for application performance, client performance, and video performance for OTT services.
- Expert knowledge of an OTT platform for subscription service.
- Expert knowledge of 3 or more of following topics -
- Video workflow and metadata management
- Data Analytics
- Commerce engine and Payment system.
- Experienced with MPTS, RTMP, Smooth Streaming, HLS and DASH, HTTP protocol and CDN for video delivery
- Expert knowledge of STB, mobile, tablet, extenders technologies, i.e. Android development, IOS development, Video play back in mobile, tablets and extenders.
- Knowledge of video technologies, i.e.MPEG, ABR, video and audio codecs
- Knowledge of cloud technologies -
- Cloud service provider, AWS, Azure, etc
- Container technologies
- Experience with server virtualization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box), monitoring systems
- Experience with infrastructure automation software (e.g., Puppet, Docker, Vagrant)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux & Open-Source based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Experienced with shell/Perl/Python scripting in Unix environment
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a similar capacity
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a related discipline from a recognised Tertiary Institution
Thank you for your interest and application to this role. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.