Supervising Editor, English Radio News
You will be responsible for the overall output of English news bulletins and current affairs programming throughout specific on-air time-belts. You will lead a team that would comprise news presenters and producers. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that news bulletins and other current affairs programming throughout the day meet the highest editorial standards.
- Work with radio news producers to ensure that bulletins are accurate, dynamic and engaging. This will involve sourcing the latest breaking news from a variety of sources and platforms.
- Create and drive news and current affairs programming across a wide genre of content, e.g. from business to lifestyle, that maintains strong audience interest.
- Work across newsrooms and with other senior editors, e.g. TV and digital to ensure that radio content is varied, lively and up-to-the-minute.
- Lead a team of presenters to ensure the highest delivery standards across news bulletins and other programmes.
- Direct and shape overall coverage of major and breakings news events
- Excellent news and editorial judgement, preferably with at least 8-10 years’ experience in a broadcast news environment.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to work and influence across newsrooms and organizational departments
- Strong grasp of a wide range of local and international news and current affairs
Thank you for your interest and application to this role. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.