Digital Correspondent, Digital News (Based in Johor)
Channel NewsAsia’s online platform is expanding its coverage of regional news and is looking to recruit a Digital Correspondent based in Johor, Malaysia.
The Correspondent will deliver comprehensive coverage of the most important and interesting news events in Malaysia, as well as a steady stream of original stories. This will encompass the full range of issues, from latest political developments, business, features, to lifestyle.
Where appropriate, visual material in the form of video or photographs will be an integral part of the story in addition to the text.
The correspondent will be able to work independently, in building Channel NewsAsia’s digital news coverage in Malaysia.
The successful candidate will have:
- A proven journalism track record with at least 7-8 years of experience, ideally with some experience of a digital newsroom.
- A deep knowledge of the Malaysian news agenda, and will be comfortable covering hard news stories as well as features and comparatively lighter news items.
- Experience in operating in a breaking news environment
- A proven track record in delivering strong original news stories.
- Some experience of photography and shooting/editing video would be a clear advantage.
- A strong awareness of how to use social media as a way of gathering news and promoting stories
- Strong networks with a wide range of Malaysian news personalities, and be able to operate fluently in Bahasa Melayu
Thank you for your interest and application to this role. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.