- Writes story which will be published in TODAY online.
- Collects and analyses information about newsworthy events. Write news stories for publication
- Gathers and verifies factual information regarding story through interview, observation and research
- Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips
- Develops own news stories to complement diary assignments given by editors
- You must possess a sharp news sense, with a good knowledge of local news and current affairs.
- A flair for writing and story-telling with excellent command of the English Language. Abilities in other languages will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to exercise individual judgment, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess good analytical skills, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Be prepared to work irregular hours and weekends
- Good degree preferably in Economics, Political Science, Arts & Social Science, Journalism or Mass Communication.
Thank you for your interest and application to this role. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.