Writes story which will be published in TODAY online.
Collects and analyses information about newsworthy events. Write news stories for publication
Gathers and verifies factual information regarding story through interview, observation and research
Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips
Develops own news stories to complement diary assignments given by editors
- You must possess a sharp news sense, with a good knowledge of local news and current affairs.
- A flair for writing and story-telling with excellent command of the English Language. Abilities in other languages will be considered an advantage.
- Ability to exercise individual judgment, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Possess good analytical skills, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Be prepared to work irregular hours and weekends
- Good degree preferably in Economics, Political Science, Arts & Social Science, Journalism or Mass Communication.
Thank you for your interest and application to this role. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.